Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Who’s your worst enemy?

Are you your own worst enemy? Do you hold yourself back more than anyone else ever could? I think I might be my own worst enemy. I made a pretty darn cute ducky cake for a little girl’s first birthday party. I love it! I was so proud of myself and think it looks pretty great for my first time. I’m sure I’ll look back in 10 years and have all types of critiques about it, but overall Momma did good.
 (Don't mind the mess on the table)

(The happy client)


So what’s the problem you ask? A few people at my job saw the pictures and started gushing about how good it was and I definitely need to sell cakes, etc. So what did I do? Besides blush, internally I FREAKED OUT! Now this is what I want, this is why I started getting my business cards together, working on trade marking my company name etc. So why am I losing it? Affirmations are great; they are what keeps us trekking forward when we’re exhausted or disheartened. Well people I’m not sure why my blood pressure went through the roof, but I’m going to have to work it out. I’ll find some way to ignore that little voice in the back of my head that says you can’t do this, you’re going to fail. I won’t be my own worst enemy, after all part of this journey is to show my little girls that you have to go after your dreams. There are enough people who will try to knock you down, don’t beat them to the punch.
What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Smooches,

Keli

No comments:

Post a Comment