Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September Recap

It’s been a very busy month people.  I’ve completed some goals, made progress toward others and am re-evaluating a few. First for my success’s! I’ve stopped biting my nails (again), I need a manicure or else I would put up a picture. I finished my first cake decorating class AND managed to make it to every class.
I’m making progress toward my weight loss goal, although I am dropping it by a pound to 136. I actually feel like I might be getting too skinny!  Life according to Wii Fit my ideal weight would be 136.9 lbs…really? So that leaves me with 2.5 pounds left. I have to be honest guys, I’m tired of dieting. I’ve been on this journey since June and it’s getting old, but there are a few things I’ve learned about my body. Number 1, it likes to hang out around 140 pounds, I don’t know why but to get from 143 to 140 has been a ridiculous struggle. I’ll go down a pound, gain ½ a pound, lose another few ounces, back up a half pound…ugh. Number 2, I have to exercise on a consistent basis (at least 4 times a week), no if and or buts. And number 3, it doesn’t matter how much weight I lose the proportions will NEVER be the same after those babies!
Now re-evaluation time; if you look at my goals over to the right you’ll notice that some of them conflict. For instance to maintain my weight and a healthier lifestyle I like to eat organic food as much as possible and fresh vegetables.  Those items usually come with a higher price tag so that conflicts with my goal of financial freedom.  Launching a side business also takes extra money so that conflicts with financial freedom.  And finally, in case you guys didn’t realize it, I’m a foodie.  I lovvvvvveeee food.  I watch Food Network’s ‘The Best Thing I Ever Ate’ with my phone close by so that I can save the names of restaurants in the tri-state area that they talk about with good eats. So obviously that can easily conflict with maintaining my weight and healthier lifestyle.
So what does that mean? Does it mean I give up? Nope, I just have to be more creative and work on balance to achieve my goals. It might take me longer, I might have some setbacks, but at least I have a vision.

What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Smooches,

Keli

No comments:

Post a Comment